Lauren A. Montana, Esq.
- Top 40 under 40 by the National Trial Lawyers Association, 2016
- Top 10 under 40 by the National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys, 2016
- Top Attorneys of North America, 2016
- Massachusetts, 2011
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts, 2012
Attorney Montana spends her days zealously advocating for her clients. She has been "in the business" of criminal law since 2003. Attorney Montana was first introduced to the criminal justice system as a college student studying Forensic Psychology. During her college days she counseled mentally ill offenders. It was during this experience that she realized her talents could be best put to use as a lawyer.
Attorney Montana attended the University of New Hampshire School of Law (formerly Franklin Pierce Law Center) where she focused all of her attention on criminal law. During law school she worked as a student attorney in the Criminal Practice, Advanced Criminal Practice, and Appellate Defender clinics representing indigent defendants both pre-trial, at trial, and on appeal. To get a taste of "the other side", she also externes at the New Hampshire Attorney Generals Office in the Criminal Bureau. While in law school Attorney Montana also competed on her schools Constitutional Law Moot Court team.
Attorney Montana now fulfills her dreams on a daily basis by defending her clients and fighting for their rights. She has a very busy practice consisting of both trial and appellate criminal matters.
- John Jay College of Criminal Justice, B.A. Forensic Psychology, 2007
- University of New Hampshire School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2011